Welcome!
Hello there! Welcome to our blog! We've created this blog for *you* to get to know us a little better. Hope you enjoy the random thoughts and photographs. Please be sure to visit our website, www.cassidydawn.com. Don't be shy, let us know you are here...be sure to leave a comment every now and then! Enjoy your stay, hope you come back often!!!

4.27.2008

shower/party ideas

This weekend, the Hall girls threw the last couples shower that we "had" to throw! Yes, it was Whitney's turn. Whit & Damon are getting married at the end of May and we had a great time on Saturday celebrating that fact. (Couples Shower - it's only fair to have the guys come, too!)

I've been involved in a shower or two in my day, and I know how hard it is to come up with unique ideas, so I thought I would share a few we did this weekend.
First, centerpieces are such a pain! Really, if you don't want to spend the money on flowers (that are only going to wilt pretty quickly), what on earth do you do. Well, what's your theme?

Whitney & Damon are moving away to Indiana after the wedding, so we thought that it would be appropriate to have a moving theme. The idea was for each guest to bring packing supplies to help with the move (along w/ a gift). (for Chelsea's shower everyone bought cleaning supplies that started with their name *Cassidy - Clorox, you get the idea - she now has enough to last for two years, and I got recipes - because of my desire to learn to cook...I am still working on that).

Well, as it turns out, Damon's new employer is sending a moving company to pack up everything for them...so they didn't need it, but we went on with the theme anyway.
So here is my version of a centerpiece for a packing themed party:
Another fact about us is that we aren't big fans of games. I've told you about the index card idea already...but we wanted another little activity.
Insert art project!
I bought a canvas, painter's tape, and different shades of blue (their favorite color), and we came up with a unique guest book idea. Now, it doesn't say who was there, but everyone at the party had a part in it because we all painted an area on the canvas. Here are some pictures (since my description was awful :)
in process (apologies to my wonderful aunts for posting this picture...I had to show the process:)finished product!

*this photo has nothing to do with the shower, but one of my favorite clients was there, and I loved this picture of her, little miss sophie!
and last but not least, my awesome sisters! *for those that don't know, the order is Chelsea (oldest), Whitney (my twin) & me! that's more like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous April 27, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

I love my (our) beautiful girls so much...you are all such a blessing to us...you just have no idea!

Anonymous May 1, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

Something tells me the previous post comes from the mother. :-)

Nice picture of the 3 of you. I found one while moving from 1992. Should we post it as well...for comparison? :-)

Cuz

Blog Archive

Labels

Just a little about me:

My photo
Chillicothe / Columbus, Ohio, United States

For Information:

For information about pricing and availability please visit my website: cassidydawn.com or contact me via email: cassidy@cassidydawn.com

Thanks so much for your interest!

"

Copyright

All images are Copyright of Cassidy Dawn Photography.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP