Welcome!
Hello there! Welcome to our blog! We've created this blog for *you* to get to know us a little better. Hope you enjoy the random thoughts and photographs. Please be sure to visit our website, www.cassidydawn.com. Don't be shy, let us know you are here...be sure to leave a comment every now and then! Enjoy your stay, hope you come back often!!!

2.04.2008

an easy project

To start things off, I want to apologize for the lack of posting; I caught a yucky bug over the weekend and was a bit out of it. Anyway, I am back and feeling better now, so I thought I would share a super quick project I did to tidy up our fridge.

Justin and I had a few pictures from our wedding on the fridge and noticed they began to curl up a little. Well, not wanting them to get ruined, I came up with a solution. I know, easy right, get those magnetic plastic photo holders, or the super cute frames. My problem with these were, I didn't like how the photo fit into the plastic (too much around the edges), and I really didn't want to spend much money on the project (those photo frames can get pricey).

So I just got a package of the plastic magnetic photo holders (3 4x6's for $2 at hobby lobby), then I picked up a few pre-cut mats (around $1 each), then just stuck them together. *colored mats could look really great too.

I know what you are saying, "did you really just write an entire blog post about this silly project", answer - yes, I even took pictures.


picture magnet:
pre-cut mat:
almost there: *I would suggest putting the picture in before adhering the mat, it is easier to get in and you can hide parts of the picture if you want.
result:
I promise to have more interesting posts soon.
*Note: I do actually really like what they look like and just wanted to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous February 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Hi Cuz,

Looks great, and seems all too simple, but...

What if your fridge is stainless?? :-) Now go put that creative mind to work once more! I'm sure you will have a perfect solution. :-)

Cuz...via Tn, Atlanta, NYC, and sometimes Fla.

Cassidy Dawn February 12, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

well, looks like you've got me there...no worries, i'll be thinking on that... :)

Blog Archive

Labels

Just a little about me:

My photo
Chillicothe / Columbus, Ohio, United States

For Information:

For information about pricing and availability please visit my website: cassidydawn.com or contact me via email: cassidy@cassidydawn.com

Thanks so much for your interest!

"

Copyright

All images are Copyright of Cassidy Dawn Photography.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP