Welcome!
Hello there! Welcome to our blog! We've created this blog for *you* to get to know us a little better. Hope you enjoy the random thoughts and photographs. Please be sure to visit our website, www.cassidydawn.com. Don't be shy, let us know you are here...be sure to leave a comment every now and then! Enjoy your stay, hope you come back often!!!

2.28.2008

tales of kmart


Every now and then I find it necessary to browse the aisles of Kmart. You never know what 'martha' finds you might find on clearance. Well, today I had a day off and was feeling very unproductive here so I thought I would take a little trip up the hill to Kmart. I always find something great on sale, a beautiful yellow vase, great pillows, pretty lamps...there is always something. Today was no exception. As I was browsing the aisles I found these great frames in the middle. The picture doesn't do their size justice; the mantle ledge comes up to my chin, so they are quite large. Now, of course I am not loving the posters inside (a nice mat with large photos will look much better to me), but I wasn't gonna turn them down at that price. They are huge and great quality (reg. $40, today $10!). I bought 3 (the 3 that appeared to still be in great condition). Then found this precious oval mirror (reg. $60, today $10!), so I picked it up too (this all will look great in my dream photo space someday).
I know, good day right?! Well, that's not it to my story. First I want to say thank you to the kind man who gave me his cart *and* transfered my huge frames to his when he realized mine was falling apart (the front wheel was coming off!). I really appreciate it.
Now for the best part. As I was standing in line to check out, this couple walked behind me and they just caught my eye. The man was holding something, were those feathers? "Is he carrying a dead bird?" I whip around to find that he is in fact carrying a live rooster in his arms...with a leash on. Even more perfect, they were heading towards the portrait studio.

I love small towns.

*disclaimer on the picture: we live in a rental, no. i did not pick the wallpaper. see #1 on my 101 list :)

3 comments:

Jon Mark Hall February 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

DeColores!!!

Cassidy Dawn February 28, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

haha, that took a while to figure out what you were talking about!

Laura March 2, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

hey! LOVE the frames! I invited you to the group - but used your old email address - let me know if it doesn't work.

Blog Archive

Labels

Just a little about me:

My photo
Chillicothe / Columbus, Ohio, United States

For Information:

For information about pricing and availability please visit my website: cassidydawn.com or contact me via email: cassidy@cassidydawn.com

Thanks so much for your interest!

"

Copyright

All images are Copyright of Cassidy Dawn Photography.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP